Press Release • May 18, 2020 9:48 am CEST
Translated from Swedish to English by Karina Brandt
During the 1980s, the classics, “Do they know Christmas” and, “We are the world”, came to mark one of the world’s greatest crises. Now – in the midst of a new burning crisis – some 50 Swedish artists gather in a song about not losing hope and staying out.
Sarah Dawn Finer, Helene Sjöholm, Magnus Carlsson, Mariette, Jessica Andersson, Dolly Style and Robin Bengtsson are some of the artists in “We Endure”, dedicated to all Swedes’ fight against Covid-19.
“Vi håller ut” has been, and will be, one of the strongest and most important messages in the spring – and perhaps even in the summer – 2020. Prime Minister Stefan Löfvén, the Public Health Agency with Anders Tegnell in the lead and the health care staff – they all ask us to hold out a little.
To give back to those who are now fighting the hardest, and to encourage everyone to do exactly what is needed, the song and music video, “Vi håller ut” are released. Some of Sweden’s foremost musicians and artists have gathered to pay tribute and support to all who are struggling with the misery of the corona crisis, young and old. Across the country there are grief, uncertainty and challenges that most people have never encountered before. Everyone needs to make sacrifices and show consideration, in order to protect themselves – and above all, one another.
First released for care workers
The song is released May 18th, in a variety of groups, forums and newsletters dedicated to healthcare professionals and other community-based professions. Some of the unions that release the song are the Medical Association and the Swedish Medical Association, but also large private Facebook groups that together reach hundreds of thousands of members.
– We wanted to release the song to those who, independently or not, stand in the middle of the epicenter of the pandemic, day in and day out. That so many people were hooked on was a positive surprise and a big reason why I am sure this project will mean something, says Micke, “Mikeadelica” Gustafsson, director and producer.
– The title “Vi håller ut” couldn’t be better. Everyone in health care is probably completely over and now the summer comes when they must be free but can they? says Kajsa Giesecke, an intensive care specialist, who has helped with contacts in health care.
Large crowd of artists who lined up
The idea for the song, Micke got from Spain, where a group of Spanish artists recorded a cover of the song “Resistiré” by the group Dúo Dinámico. The song was quarantined from the artists’ home and quickly became something of Spain’s “corona anthem”.
Micke, who is one of Sweden’s most hired music video directors, wanted to do something similar in Sweden and contacted music producer Fredrik Thomander. One by one, musicians and artists from all over the country thanked yes for participating, many more than any of them could hope for.
– As a friend and colleague of many cultural workers, I see right now how most people struggle with their finances and ruined timeline. That so many still took the time to be part of “Vi håller ut” is fantastic and commendable, says Micke “Mikeadelica” Gustafsson.
– In its classic popschlag format, this is a boosting fight song, it is solidarity in 100 BPM simply, says Fredrik Thomander.
Ingela ”Pling Forsman copywriter
The task of interpreting the Spanish text in Swedish went to the experienced copywriter Ingela “Pling” Forsman. After a first listen of the song, Sarah Dawn Finer suggested the song’s current title.
– For me it was a matter of course. I think we all know, regardless of the vulnerable occupational group or the risk group, that it is about supporting each other right now. And a long time to come. So when one of us collapses, we have to help lift one another. We have to endure (Hålle ut means endure/red.). Itself, and together as a society, country and people, says Sarah Dawn Finer.
The hope is that as many people as possible will listen to the song, watch the video and make it their own. Projects are completely non-profit and not linked to any organization, fundraiser or political actor. The song will be distributed through the Amuse service and all proceeds from gigs of the song will be donated to a project in healthcare.
– The whole project has been about seeing others – perhaps to be seen back. Nobody in Sweden is unaffected by the pandemic, although it strikes in different ways it hurts equally, says Micke “Mikeadelica” Gustafsson.
LINKS TO “Vi håller ut” IN SOCIAL MEDIA
FOR PRESS KITS WITH PICTURES, MUSIC VIDEOS, LOGOTYPE AND MORE:
Press contact and interview requests:
Tobias Grönlund, PR-Manager, Moore To Be
0765 678 902
Mikael “Mikeadelica” Gustafsson, initiativtagare och producent
0736 503 030
Micke@mikeadelica.com / www.mikeadelica.com
Ingela “Pling” Forsman, textförfattare
Fredrik Thomander, musikproducent
Producer and regi: Mikeadelica
Musicproduction/mix: Fredrik Thomander
Swedish text: Ingela ”Pling” Forsman
Melody: Dúo Dinámico
Helene Sjöholm, Sarah Dawn Finer, Mariette, Jessica Andersson, Dolly Style, Mahan Moin, Therese Grankvist, Britta Bergström, Jeanette Olsson, Marica Lindé, Tindy Laville & Ina Lindgren, Carola Becker, Nova Thomander
Robin Bengtsson, Magnus Carlsson, Philip Jalmelid, Joacim Cans, Rennie Mirro, Sean Banan, Erik Høiby (The Lovers Of Valdaro), Johan Boding, Johan Becker
Peter Kvint – Electric guitar
Sven Lindvall – Bas
Robert Wells – Piano
Moh Denabi – Accoustic guitar
Hux Flux Nettermalm – Trummor
Maria Marcus – Synth/choir
Mattias Bylund – Wurlitzer
Fredrik Thomander – Keyboard
Pernilla Andersson – Accoustic guitar
Lena Thomander – Percussion
Teo-Max Gustafsson – Accoustic guitar
Leo Elliott Karlsson – Elguitar
Humla Karlsson – Bas
Pontus Norgren – Guitarrsolo
Adam Warhester (The Lovers Of Valdaro) – Synthsolo
Mats Wester – Keyharp solo
Nils Landgren – Tromboonesolo
Mikeadelica – Scratch
Peter Noos Johansson – Tromboone
Wojtek Goral – Tenor and Altsaxofon
Tomas Jonsson – Barytonsaxofon
Magnus Johansson -Trumpet
Janne Bjerger -Trumpet
Göran Rudbo (Triple & Touch) -Trumpet/song
Ken Wennerholm (Triple & Touch) -Trumpet/song
David Bukovinszky – Cello
Mattias Johansson – Violin
Mattias Bylund – String synthesizer
Nils-Petter Ankarblom – String synthesizer
String and winds arranged by Nils-Petter Ankarblom
String and winds recorded by Mattias Bylund in Studio BLND
Lukas Nathanson – Songrecording
Michael Feiner – Songrecording
Chris Meyer – songrecording
Fredrik Thomander – musicproduction/arr.
Fredrik Thomander/Peter Månsson – Mix
Ulf Börjesson – Mastering
Musicproduction: Palma Music Studios
Production company: Mikeadelica.com
Initiative, producer, regi and editing: Micke ”Mikeadelica” Gustafsson
Nicke Bergström – Logotyp och graphical profile
Moore To Be (Tobias Grönlund, Anna Moore, Emil Gullhamn) – Presscontact
Joakim Arhammar – Content/Social Media Manager
Therese Färsjö – Mediastrateg
Kajsa Giesecke – Medical adviers, networker